Thursday, October 11, 2007

Lehmann or Almunia?

I'm sure that some of you have discussed about the goalkeepers.Which one can fit for this important task?

Before talking further,I would like to state their profile in Arsenal.

Lehmann

He had served Gunners for more than three years,aged 38 and is the first team goalkeeper.I think his prime was at last two seasons ago when he kept Arsenal conceded not even a goal in UEFA Champions League until the final stage of UCL where Gunners was conceded two goals in that game.But it was got nothing to do with him because he was sent off at 20th minute of that game for fouling Samuel Eto'o.

But his recent game against Fulham and Blackburn Rovers was disappointing and he has at fault for his mistake that cost Gunners two points in EPL.

But no doubt,he is the one of the best goalkeeper in the world.

Almunia

Although he has played for Gunners for about three years,his appearance had been very less as he was only the second team players and he could feature only if the first team goalkeeper could not feature in games.

Jens Lehmann's recent poor performance has given him the chance to play more and his performance is acceptable so far.



Ok,actually there are also Fabianski but I think he still need more experience and skill to become our first team goalkeeper.

I personally choose Almunia because I think he is slightly younger,and Lehmann performance is deteriorating.But I still think Almunia is not good enough,but I think he's a better choice compared to Lehmann.

As good goalkeeper is essential for a good team,I think Gunners should buy some good goalkeeper this January to keep up with increasing attacking tempo of the game.

How about you?Feel free to tell me about who's your choice between this two goalkeepers.

Recent Articles

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home