Sunday, September 23, 2007

Wenger on Adebayor:He's really strong now.

Source:Arsenal.com


As usual,I have comments on Wenger's comments

"He(Fabregas) had a little calf problem at half-time. The game was over and I wanted to take him off, but he saw I wanted to take him off and quickly took advantage to score a goal. That is amazing because it tells you how much the psychological boost comes from the confidence you get from the goals you scored before, because if you had not scored the other six he would not even try to shoot today."
I hope his injury wouldn't be serious.As I said yesterday,it's very irritating to be injured when your form is at maximum.But I don't think he scored the goal because he knew that he was to be substituted soon.If Wenger let him to play for full 90 minutes,is Fab going to shoot it wide?I don't think so.

"I feel he(Walcott) had the type of defender who didn't give him any room, in the first half he struggled a little bit to find any space. In the second half he looked more himself because I asked him to come more inside to get the ball. When he stayed out as a winger, Griffin, who has a lot of experience, didn't give him any room. But he has not played for a while. For example you see Diaby came on the other night and had a difficult game - today it was completely different. I link that more with the fact that he has not played recently."

I didn't understand the first sentence(someone please enlighten me!!) but I think Walcott didn't progress well this season because he was controlled by quite an experienced player from Derby and of course,he's still young and therefore his mentality isn't strong enough yet.I think Walcott has the skill but he still lacks confidence as he haven't scored yet.I think the penalty-kick should be kicked by Walcott to give him confidence and feeling to score a goal in EPL.You may argue that if he can't score the penalty-kick then he will disheartened even more.But think once more time,we should believe him more because we spent a lot of money on Walcott.Gunners paid at least 4 million pounds for him,of course we should believe him more,at least have confidence on Wenger's decision of buying him.

I intend to post EPL analysis now but there are a few matches that haven't finished yet now.So,I will post about it tomorrow.
Recent Articles

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home